How long does it take to really know someone? Well, here are four things people subconsciously THINK they know, within a minute of meeting you.
1. Whether or not they can trust you. Researchers as Princeton recently had students look at people’s faces, and decide whether they were trustworthy or not.
One group only got to look at each face for a tenth of a second, and the other group got to take as long as they wanted. But both groups rated the people about the same.
2. How intelligent you are. And this is one you can actually DO something about. A 2007 study found that when you look someone in the eye during a conversation, they automatically think you’re smarter.
3. Whether or not you sleep around. This one’s unfair, because it only has to do with stereotypes for women. But a British study found that women with visible tattoos are seen as more promiscuous, and more likely to drink a lot.
4. How adventurous you are. But only if they see you walk. A study in 2012 found that swinging your arms and looking relaxed is associated with being an extrovert and more of a risk-taker. And it only takes a few steps for people to make up their mind.
Q Force Monkey
Latest posts by Q Force Monkey (see all)
- Alice Cooper Has a $10 Million Andy Warhol Print He Doesn’t Remember Buying - July 25, 2017
- VIDEO – A Small Plane Landed Safely on a Busy Highway - July 21, 2017
- Linkin Park’s Chester Bennington Committed Suicide - July 21, 2017