“Playboy” put together a list of each state’s signature food or drink by surveying people on Reddit.
I like it for one main reason: It’s actually based on the opinion of people in each state, not some 27-year-old food blogger who got hired because their dad is golf buddies with the CEO. I might have some bitterness to work out . . .
Anyway, here are our six main observations from the list . . .
1. A lot of states made safe, traditional picks . . . and we mean that as a compliment.
Like, Pennsylvania correctly picked cheese steaks . . . New York picked bagels . . . Kentucky picked bourbon . . . Michigan picked Coney dogs . . . Illinois picked deep dish pizza . . . Louisiana picked gumbo . . . and Texas went with Tex-Mex.
2. Oregon went with beer . . . they’re really staking their claim as the craft brewery capital of the U.S. Wisconsin also went with beer, which is fine . . . they’re staking their claim as the NON-craft brewery capital.
But for some reason Delaware picked beer too. If you know beer, Dogfish Head Brewery was one of the first craft beer companies to go up against Bud, Miller, and Coors. But maybe they just couldn’t think of anything else?
3. California went with In-N-Out Burger, which is a MUCH better choice than the stereotypical “organic Vegan Ethiopian-Vietnamese fusion.”
4. Surprisingly, only two states went with barbecue: Kansas and Alabama. Although North Carolina went with pulled pork, and Tennessee went with ribs.
5. TWO states went with Rocky Mountain oysters . . . which are bull testicles. So good call, Montana and Colorado?
6. But the saddest pick of all goes to Arkansas, which went with “meth cookies.” We looked it up, to see if that’s like a name for a blue dessert or something . . . but it’s not. They really picked big old chunks of meth as the signature state food.
Q Force Monkey
Latest posts by Q Force Monkey (see all)
- Ozzy Osbourne ‘Bark At The Moon’ Solar Eclipse Video Performance - August 23, 2017
- A Bartender Gets a Lottery Ticket as a Tip, and It Leads to a $100,000 Jackpot - August 22, 2017
- Fantastic Rollercoaster Freakout - August 21, 2017