Q94.5 The Rock Station is hosting the Greatest Tailgate Party South Texas has ever seen and your band can be a part of it.
Vote for your favorite band from the finalists.
The band with the most votes will move on to the next round.
Contest Rules and Regulations apply.
- 8 Finalists Decided by the BBQ Committee
- 1/15 – 1/20 First Round (8 Bands)
- 1/21 – 1/24 Second Round (4 Bands)
- 1/25 – 1/29 Final Round (2 Bands)
- Winner announced 1/30
Q94.5 THE ROCK STATION BAND BATTLE QUALIFIER
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, SOME RESTRICTIONS APPLY.
2. SPONSORS: Entravision Communications Corporation, owner and operator of the following radio station: KFRQ-FM, Q 94.5 The Rock Station, located at 801 N. Jackson Rd (the “Station”, and collectively, with Entravision Communications Corporation, the “Sponsors”). The administrator of the Contest is KFRQ-FM.
3. DATES OF THE CONTEST: The “Q94.5 The Rock Station Band Battle Qualifier” (the “Contest”) will take place from January 10, 2019 to January 30, 2019 (the “Dates of the Contest”).
4. ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICIAL RULES: By entering, you agree to be bound by these official contest rules (these “Official Rules”). Written copies of these Official Rules are available by mail upon written request to 801 N. Jackson Rd McAllen, TX 78501, Attention: Promotions Director with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope.
5. HOW TO ENTER: Fill out the official entry form online at Q945therock.com, click on the link on the homepage. Submit completed entry form online at q945therock.com/bbq/ by Monday, January 14, 2019 by 11:59pm. The Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, incomprehensible, misdirected, or mutilated entry forms, which such entry forms shall be disqualified. Submitted videos will not be returned to participants. Limit one entry and video submission per band.
6. PRIZE: The winning band will get to perform at the Q 94.5 The Rock Station Tailgate Party, on Friday, February 1, 2019, between 8:00 am and 1:00 pm, to be held at Boggus Ford Harlingen, located at 2521 S. Expressway 83, Harlingen, TX 78550 (the “Grand Prize”).
7. HOW THE PRIZE IS AWARDED: From all the submissions entered, a total of 8 bands will be chosen by a KFRQ BBQ Committee and will be published on Monday, January 14, 2019 on www.q945therock.com/bbq/ for the “First Round” of online voting. The “First Round” of online public voting will run from January 15 – 20, 2019. Of all the final video entries, four (4) entries will be selected through an online process in which the most online votes from the public from January 15-20, 2019 at www.q945therock.com/bbq/ will move to the “Second Round” of online public voting. The Second Round of online public voting will run from January 21 through January 24, 2019. Of the four (4) entries, the top two (2) with the most public online votes will be selected to the “Final Round”. The “Final Round” will run from January 25 to January 29 at 11:59pm. The band with the most online votes from the public by January 30, 2019, will be declared the winner of the Grand Prize.
Winner will be notified by telephone by a representative of the Station on January 30, 2019. The odds of winning depend on the number of votes received. Participants must provide legal proof of eligibility (Eligibility requirements are set forth below).
8. ELIGIBILITY: The band representative must be at least eighteen (18) years of age with a valid social security number at the time of entry. Employees and the families of employees of the Sponsors and their affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, distribution, advertising and promotion agencies, or any other companies engaged in the development, production of distribution of Contest materials are not eligible.
9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, illegal, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Sponsors will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Sponsors’ decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Sponsors, the Sponsors reserve the right to suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, or to make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Sponsors deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Sponsors and are final. Future contests or tie-breakers, if any, may be significantly more difficult than the initial contest. The method of determining prize-winners if a tie remains after completion of the last tie-breaker will be at the Station’s discretion. The Sponsors may waive any of these rules in their sole discretion. The Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any and all improprieties should be reported immediately to Entravision Communications at 956-687-4848. The Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who violates these rules or applicable law, tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, engages in any conduct detrimental to Sponsors, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsors’ sole discretion), or acts in violation of these Official Rules, to lock out any individual whose eligibility is in question, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest at any time. The Sponsors disclaim any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK FROM ANY SUCH PERSON DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO THE SPONSORS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. RELEASE: Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of any prize offered constitutes permission to use the name, voice, and/or likeness (photo, videotape or film) and basic personal information of participants in any medium selected by the Sponsors for purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation to the participants. Unless prohibited by law, each participant hereby releases the Sponsors and their parent entities, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in the Contest and any participation in any activity relating to the Contest. In order to participate in the Contest, Participants must sign an official affidavit of eligibility and release, provided by the Sponsors. Sponsors are not responsible for printing or distribution errors and may rescind or revoke this Contest based upon any such error without liability at their sole discretion. All federal, state, and local laws apply.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSORS, THEIR PARENT ENTITIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE CONTEST. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY.
CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
12. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: THE CONTEST AND THE GRAND PRIZE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
13. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: This promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof shall take place in the State of Texas, in the City of McAllen, County of Hidalgo.