KFRQ (94.5 FM) is a radio station broadcasting an active rock format. We are located in the Rio Grande Valley and are owned by Entravision Communications. We have great ratings and are currently the #1 Rock Radio Station in the valley!
The station began around 1970 as easy listening station KELT-FM and was co-owned with KGBT AM and Television. Some of the TV personalities such as anchorman Frank “FM” Sullivan and weathercaster Larry James hosted music programs on the station. Frank’s wife Hilda Sullivan would anchor locally produced newsbreaks called “Micronews.” The station would soon automate and update the programming to adult contemporary using Drake Cheanult’s “Hit Parade” The station would later change to country music as “K-Frog.” and would on March 1, 1992 change its call sign to the current KFRQ,.
KFRQ The Rock Station
801 N. Jackson
McAllen, Texas 78501
Business Line: (956) 687-4848
Studio Line: (888) 335-9494
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., weekdays
People behind the Scenes
- Jeanice Gonzalez – Integrated Marketing Solutions email@example.com
- Anthony Acosta – Interactive Creative Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monica Quintanilla – Promotions Director email@example.com
- Michael Holderle – VP Integrated Marketing Solutions firstname.lastname@example.org
- Angela Navarrete – SVP Integrated Marketing Solutions email@example.com
Having problems with the site or the station? Have a question that’s bugging you to death? Let us know!