Guns N’ Roses have enough new material to record “two or three albums” according to guitarist Richard Fortus.
He and keyboard player Dizzy Reed say the follow-up to 2008’s Chinese Democracy is coming along nicely as the band members have been trading digital files and working on the tracks. But they still can’t say exactly when it’ll be released.
Fortus tells VerdamMnis Magazine: “So much has been recorded, we could get two or three albums, seriously. We sent our files in all directions. We can’t wait to put it out as soon as possible.”
Reed adds: “It’ll be good. When will it come out? We still don’t know. Only Axl knows, but it is very secret. Be patient.”
Fortus said this month that he expects a GNR album out in 2016. Also this month, Ron ‘Bumblefoot’ Thal reflected on his difficult start with GNR when he replaced Buckethead in 2006.
Reed and Fortus have both been busy with their other band, The Dead Daisies, who released second album Revolucion earlier in June. They have tours with Kiss and Whitesnake coming up.
THE DEAD DAISIES TOUR DATES
- Oct 03: Perth Arena, Australia
- Oct 06: Hindmarsh Adelaide Entertainment Centre, Australia
- Oct 08: Melbourne Rod Laver Arena, Australia
- Oct 09: Melbourne Rod Laver Arena, Australia
- Oct 10: Sydney Allphones Arena, Australia
- Oct 12: Broadmeadow Newcastle Entertainment Centre, Australia
- Oct 13: Boondall Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Australia
- Oct 16: Auckland Vector Arena, New Zealand
- Nov 08: Moscow Crocus City Hall, Russia
- Nov 09: St Petersburg BKZ Oktyabrskiy, Russia
- Nov 11: Helsinki Icehall, Finland
- Nov 13: Stockholm Hovet, Sweden
- Nov 14: Helsingor The Culture Yard, Denmark
- Nov 16: Berlin Columbiahalle, Germany
- Nov 17: Prague O2 Arena, Czech Republic
- Nov 19: Vienna Gasometer, Austria
- Nov 21: Zagreb Cebona Hall, Croatia
- Nov 22: Belgrade Hala Pionir, Serbia
- Nov 24: Sofia Armeec Arena, Bulgaria
- Nov 25: Skopje Boris Trajkovski, Macedonia
- Nov 29: Milan Alcatraz, Italy
- Dec 01: Brussels Forest National, Belgium
- Dec 02: Utrecht Tivilivredenburg, Netherlands