Nutrition experts came up with a list of the best foods to eat before you go out drinking. They all prevent you from absorbing alcohol too quickly, and they’re healthier than something like pizza. Here are the top eight . . .
- Milk. It’s high in potassium, which you start running low on if you’re PEEING a lot. Plus milk is 90% water, so it helps keep you hydrated.
- Yogurt with granola. It lines the inside of your stomach, and your body takes six hours to digest it.
- Hummus. It lines your stomach like yogurt, and if you eat it with raw vegetables, the nutrients can help prevent a hangover.
- Salmon. It’s high in B-12, and alcohol can cause a B-12 deficiency.
- Spaghetti. It’ll absorb some of the alcohol, and the carbs will give you more energy.
- A grilled chicken sandwich. The protein takes a while to digest, which prevents you from getting drunk too quickly. And the carbs give you energy just like the spaghetti.
- Cereal. Especially if it’s high-fiber, because it slows down the absorption of alcohol.
- Eggs. They’ve got a lot of protein, and amino acids that break down alcohol.